20180105

90 books in 90 days - 55 sold, 35 to go!

Thank you all who have contributed to the current status in my challenge:

55 books sold, 35 to go before end of February!



Those of you who have followed my 90 books in 90 days challenge, know that I have challenged myself to sell 90 books in 90 days (in addition to the books sold via my publishers).

You can read about the journey so far in these posts:

Join my journey
Annika are you never satisfied?
Rapid Planning Method
You need to dare more Annika
The problem statement
The first branches in the issue tree
Selling to existing customers

You may think that the rest of the journey should be simple, since I have sold more than half of the 90 books in a bit more than a third of the 90 days. Well, unfortunately I do not think these sales can be described by a linear function.

There are two reasons the first sales were easier than I expect the coming sales to be:
  1. I have sold primarily to existing customers, customers who already know they like my writing
  2. A lot of people have bought my books as Christmas presents
What I need to figure out next, is how to sell books to people who don't know me yet, and who are not looking for Christmas presents. 

Any tips you may have are very welcome!






1 comment:

  1. An article about : Four "simple" ways to find your customers(https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/219582). I especially like #3 and 4. Teaming up and Strategic alliances. Your latest book release was an example of teaming up, what other entreprenuers can you find to team up with? Strategic alliances, using popular bloggers, vloggers is a known way. Who targets your customers today already? /Michiel

    ReplyDelete